Followers

Translate

Monday, April 13, 2009

A Coffee Card! :)

Coffee of the Day - Cinnamon Hazelnut

I hope that all of you had a wonderful Easter! What a glorious day to recognize the overwhelming love our Saviour has for us! We spent the morning at a phenomenal church service, then came home to relax for the rest of the day. I prepared a simple dinner while David and the boys took the dogs to the park for several hours. I don't know if I have mentioned our amusing pups - Mocha and Latte`. They are labs, about 7 years old (actually Easter is their birthday!). Mocha is a chocolate and Latte`is a yellow. They bring us such joy. Actual sisters, they were a Mother's Day gift after our beloved Riley, a black lab David had for many years, passed away. Anyhow, dogs were worn out, dinner was delicious, David got his golf fix watching the Masters final round, the boys spent the evening playing their PSP's, and I basked in the joy of being greatly blessed with a beautiful family!!

This card uses 2 more of my fun Stamps Happen, Inc. stamps from the Janlynn Corp. You know I had to pick coffee stamps! I pulled out some Basic Grey Archaic paper, which I haven't used in a while and is getting quite, well, archaic!!! I am in desperate need of more masculine cards, as Dave has been pulling all of them from my card basket and using them. (which is really what they are there for, right?) The way cool mesh ribbon is from May Arts that I found over at Stamper's Dream. seemed perfect to add to the 'manly' feel of the card, since the guys forbid me to add 'girlie ribbon' to a guy card! :D Wanted to keep the sentiment generic, so I utilized an old SU! one and stamped it multiple times.

Have a great day!
Jennifer

7 comments:

Dru said...

Wow! This card makes me want coffee and I love that mesh treatment behind the images. This is a great man card. I'm glad you had a nice relaxing Easter.

Unknown said...

wonderful card., i need some coffee right now lol ;)

Unknown said...

I just love the colors and textures on this! What a great coffee themed design!

Diane said...

What a great guy card!!! I'm thinking DH will be grabbing this one too!

Savor the Journey said...

Fabulous addition of the crocheted work in the background! Great card all around!

Doesn't your heart just glow after a blessed day like Easter! Loved your story.

~Bev

Miss Molly said...

enjoying my coffee and loving your coffee card!

Unknown said...

I would love to see you make more masculine cards. I need some and don't have the mojo for it right now. Guess I need some inkspiration! Nice job lady and to have Julia comment too! WOW girl, you are moving up!