Followers

Translate

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Shirley's 2 Girls 'Mary, Mary' Nursery Rhyme Color Challenge

I have been doing lots of blogging lately and have come across some really fun sites! One of those that I found is Shirley's 2 Girls. There are 2 challenges currently going on over at the blog, so here is my submission for one of them. This challenge is to use the theme of the nursery rhyme "Mary Mary, Quite Contrary" and the colors: lavendar, orange, lime, black, and white. Well, hence the challenge for me! As much as I love purples, they present quite a problem for me when I stamp. And I discovered while looking through ALL my bazillion sheets of decorative papers that 1. most of my papers look alike, 2. I have waaaaay more paper than I will ever use, and 3. what in the WORLD was I thinking when I bought some of these?!?! I mean - REALLY! ;)

But Basic Grey to the rescue!!! Green is from the Lilykate collection and orange is from Ambrosia. The stamps are SU! and are from this past SAB promo - Botanical Blooms. I hand drew the little butterflies, so please don't look at them too closely! I also watercolored the prima flower in almost amethyst to match the inks since I couldn't find one in a similar shade.

The great things about challenges is that they are, well, challenging! but really they help me to get outside of my regular comfort zone/rut/same ol' same ol' stamping style. So I encourage you to try a challenge out this week sometime. I'm working on several others, too.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Truly very gorgeous...as always!

specialcraftmom4 said...

Beautiful colors on this card! Very creative.

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Love the layout on this card!

Chelle said...

Oh, so very pretty! Love all the elements!

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

Yummmm-oooo!! That DP is just gorgeous, and your image goes perfectly with the whole thing. You've captured the essence of the Shirley's 2 Girls 222WWW challenge fabulously! Thanks so much for playing!

Erin Smetak said...

Oh, I love this card! I love the dp you used too! Great job!!!

Justine said...

What a great card. I am so happy that you decided to come and play with us. Best of luck and I look forward to seeing you at the Twisted Thursday challenge too!!!
Hugz,
Justine