Followers

Translate

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Rustic Lighthouse

Coffee of the Day - Chocolate Caramel

Since David has been off this week on vacation, he and I have been having some fun day trips. For the past 2 days, Tyler also had off from his work, so the 3 of us have been toodling around town, doing all kinds of neat things! They have been quite indulgent with me and treated me to Starbuck's every single day! oh my, what a treat that has been! Pumpkin Spice Lattes are coming Sept. 1 and I am counting the days!!!! (okay, had to get that in there, because next to the Gingerbread Lattes, those are my faves!)

Quick "it's a small world" story here ~
we went into a Starbuck's that is over an hour away (I'll tell you why in just a sec.....). The barista there saw my t-shirt and asked us what denomination church we attend. I have a huge collection of Christian tees that I am always wearing, so hence the question. No, I don't have a big sign on my forehead! :D We told him and David shared that he is also the Director of a Christian camp and where. As soon as he told this young man, we discovered that he is also a part time youth pastor who happens to have had college classes in Minnesota with a wonderful guy that used to be David's Program Director for several years at Camp!!! Now remember that we live in northeast Ohio! isn't that just so cool?!?! they also knew several other of the same people. He then proceeded to ask us just what in the world we were doing so far away from home. WELL LET ME TELL YA!!!!!

David and Tyler know how much I love this AMAZING paper store in Brunswick called Hollo's. They sell all kinds of paper products and stamping/scrapping things, but they are known all over the country for their $1.25 a lb. cardstock!!! yep, you read it right! and you can get 100# cs, textured cs, natural cs all for this same $1.25 a lb. 12x12, too! (they also sell my fave House Mouse stamps). Well, David and I's 23rd anniversary is coming up on Sunday, and I have been teasing him that Hallmark says that the gift for that year is paper and/or rubber! So he and Tyler surprised me with a trip to Hollo's yesterday. It isn't one I made too often, as it's almost 1 1/2 hours away, but oh, was I thrilled! The paper on this card today is some of my wonderful anniversary present!!! :)

The craft stamp I used is Lighthouse Beacon from Stamps Happen of the Janlynn Corp. I just got this one not to long ago and have been so anxious to get it inky! I have also been itching to make a masculine card, so this worked out perfectly! I ran my vanilla craft pad over the textured cs to help not only age the card, but to bring out that great texture. The vintage buttons seemed the perfect addition, along with the knotted twine roping. I finished the card off by spraying the whole thing with my SU! ink squirty tool in choco. oh yes, added that fun little shell, too!

Everyone have a great weekend! love ya! :)

11 comments:

Lauri said...

That is the best present!!! How sweet that they took you there and you went shopping!!! Sounds like you had a great day!!

Crystal said...

Love this story !!! And love Hollo's too ! I head up with the girls from Columbus every year or so! Great anniversary present and beautiful card !!!! :))

thinker said...

WOW.... congratulations on 23 years! and what a wonderful surprise trip to your favorite paper shop!

love love love the card - you've got great ideas for distressing - I just have got to remember some of your techniques!

and Starbucks all week!!!!!! what a great way to be indulged & spoiled!!!

Anita said...

What a fantastic present! I will meet you at Starbucks on Sept 1 for our favorite coffee. LOL! Happy Anniversary!

Cindy (Stamp With Me Cindy G/Stamping Therapy) said...

Very handsome card. I like that paper too.

Anonymous said...

how sweet and congrats :)

your card is beautiful!

have a wonderful night!

xoxo
sarabeth

Scrapping Julie said...

awww. how sweet to have family love you like that. it sounds like the perfect day, starbucks, scrappy store, family that loves you. awesome. and a gorgeous card to top it all off!!

Unknown said...

Makes me want to head to the beach and put my toes in the water! My husband would never think up a trip like this! Glad you had fun!

Gina Lindsay said...

First of all, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! What a nice surprise, getting to shop for paper is awesome. Great card, I love the lighthouse.

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Ooh, I love rustic! This is a wonderful card!

Happy Anniversary and I'm glad you were able to visit your favorite paper shop. The mention of Starbucks rips my guts out. LOL

Unknown said...

Gorgeous! Love the sanding!