Followers

Translate

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

A kitty in the Flowers.....

Coffee of the Day - well let's see.... first there was Vanilla Biscotti, then we had Creme Brulee... now we are starting the Pumpkin Spice.... (David was helping me drink it - no, really!! grins!!)

Every flower garden needs a pretty kitty sitting in it, don't you think?!?! And you can't get much cuter than this little guy from Shirley's 2 Girls. I was blessed enough to win this great set, Little Ray, a few weeks ago for the Twisted Thursday challenge over at S2G. It comes with 3 sayings, too. I just love the look on that cat's face. priceless!!! I wanted to get it inky the moment it arrived in the mail, so this week's TT challenge seemed like the perfect opportunity. The twist this week is to use chipboard. Notice the waaaaay cute blinkie on my sidebar - this Saturday is going to be an AMAZING blog hop for S2G and their fans (that would be ME!!! giggles!) so be sure to come back by! and try to play in the challenge, too. Tomorrow starts a new one.

For my card, I decided to try something different and stamped my image on river rock cs. Oh baby, was this delightful for watercoloring! it just soked up the inks and gave off the most amazing colors!!! I will definitely be doing this again!!! To help make the image pop a bit, I outlined it with my white gel pen. The bg paper is actually from a Making Memories vintage collection. how funny is that?! :) I am always throwing those gals off with my use of shabby stuff on their sassy images! grins! :D the sentiment is stamped on a small chipboard circle that was inked with white craft and then edged in the river rock. Added a few butons and a Prima to complete the sketch, plus tied on some happy grosgrain ribbon, just 'cause I loves loves loves my ribbons and trims!!!! Ta Da!!!! a happy kitty in the garden! the card is 5 1/2" x 5 1/2" square.


Have a lovely day! may it be filled with lots of sunflowers and tweeting birdies! :) (just perhaps not sitting upon your head!)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Too cute!!

Unknown said...

Fabby kitty in the garden. I love that thechnique of stamping on the rocks. Fabby job!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Yvette said...

Super cute! Love the image and bg paper! You are amazing!