Followers

Translate

Friday, November 6, 2009

A Rusty Santa...

I wanted to show you this fun new digi from The Rusty Pickle. Isn't he just wonderful?! I love the rustic look to him.


The papers are not even Christmas ones, which goes to show you that you can use lots of different kinds of papers for the holidays, just dress them up a bit with your images and embellies. Same goes in reverse for the holiday papers. Try it out sometime and see how neat it feels to put a neat twist on your creation!


These papers are from the Basic Grey June Bug collection. The beautiful poinsettia and leaf are Primas. The garland I found at Pat Catan's several years ago, and ahem...... forgot I had. (shhhhhhh...... you can NOT tell David 'cause he would have fits thinking I had stuff in my stamping room that was LOST! grins!!) I tell him all the time that "there is a great bit of organization in this stuff you call clutter." I didn't tighten up the scan so you could see the full impact of the bow. when I tried cropping, the bow just got lost - thus the larger scan. There are frosted stickles along the mittens, coat front, and hat. A tiny bit brushed along the ground gives the feeling of a light coating of snow. The card base was edged in 2 shades of ink to help give the more rustic feel.

Happy Weekend to you! Jennifer

5 comments:

TexasGrammy said...

Now this is one adorable Santa! And thanks for proving to me that the June Bug paper is "okay"!
Have a sweet weekend!

~Bev

Teri said...

Fantastic! Love it!!
Teri xx

Dru said...

He is adorable - LOVE that face!!

Paula said...

Such a cute santa!

Ellibelle said...

What a fun card! Your papers are perfect for the season!