Followers

Translate

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

A Vintage Guest DT Dream Come True!

Coffee of the Day - Creme Brulee

One of my dreams came true the day that Cora from Digital Two for Tuesday told me that I would be one of her Guest Designers!!! Boy, you coulda heard the yippppeeee clear over in the Netherlands I was so thrilled!!! I happened upon this amazing site about a month ago and have been addicted ever since. You know my love for all things vintage, and this wonderful lady offers FREE vintage digis every week! Guest designers spotlight the images, and she has graciously allowed ME to be one of the chosen ones!!! what an honor for this humble papercrafter I tell you what.....

For the 'football' card, I watercolored the image using my inks and watercolor brushes. I then used my ink squirty tool (I can never remember the official term for that thing! grins!!) to help give an older feel to the piece. I took a piece of Making Memories paper and aged it by first crinkling it and then rubbing my ink pad over the top. the edges were torn and inked as well. I added some wonderful embellies from the MM vintage findings line - cloth tag, 'wish' coupon, button tied with twine and then attached to wide grosgrain ribbon, & school paper stapled to corner. the main image was popped up on foam tape for added dimension. the edges of the card base were inked with vanilla craft.

On the 'brother and me' card, I used this beautiful paper by Webster's Pages, Terri Conrad collection. the edges of it were covered in brown glitter glue. The digi image was colored with inks and watercolor brushes. the girl's headband and collar were painted as well with pink shimmerz. this pieces was cut out and popped up on extra thick foam tape for added dimension. I used a wonderful circle paper doilie and velvet ric rack trim from JoAnn's to frame the digi. Vintage buttons from my stash helped to complete the look. A velvet leaf from Prima and velvet flower from Making Memories finish off the card. I kept the sentiment fairly generic so that it could be used for a thinking of you, Mother's Day, card for my hubby to send to one of his sisters, or whatever other occassion might happen to arise in the future!

Have a most glorrious day! love to you all!

Jennifer

14 comments:

Lisa Foster said...

Oh Sweetie these are fantastic!!!! Congratulations on being the Guest Designer for Digital Two fro Tuesday! That's awesome! WTG!!! Your work is always incredible!

How are you feeling??? Did you grab the Mrs. Rosie Clause Freebie at DD before it was gone? Let me know if you didn't get it...okay?

Stop over to my blog and stick your name on Mr. Linky...I'm giving away some blog candy I think you'll like :)

Hugs,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

congrats on your dt spot! how exciting!!! i just love your cards, the images are wonderful :)

have a great day!

xoxo
sarabeth

Unknown said...

ooohhhhh.... I have to check this place out! I love this style! It's very similar to my Emma's. Your watercoloring is gorgeous, Jennifer!

Carmen O. said...

Cute cards! I love the Brother and Me card and image especially because that was my bro and me before our sister came along. Great job!

Payne Holler Cards said...

you are perfect for their guest DT spot! you have a flair for the vintage!! love how you did these! you are so comfortable working with digi's and it shows!...I still havent taken the plunge and tried them yet...although I do love Cora's!!
keep you in prayer GF! hugs to you, Linda

Anne said...

Congratulations! Haven't come across Digital Two before, what brilliant images, thanks for the link. Your cards are adorable!

Stef H said...

oh jennifer! these are fabulous!

hugs,

Cindy (Stamp With Me Cindy G/Stamping Therapy) said...

Congratulatons on your design team designation! These cards are great. Love your work on them.

thinker said...

congratulations on being Guest Designer!!! You definitely have a flair for vintage and I'm glad they chose you! Hope the sickies don't keep you down too long...

TannyP said...

Congratulations, Jen! This is such an amazing job - you deserve it!!

Darlene said...

Whoo Hoo ... congrats Jenn! You did an AWESOME job with these images! I'm not surprised you were offered this Guest Designer Spot!! Well done! Hope you are well ... keep in touch!!

Gina Lindsay said...

Great job on your cards. I just found this company a couple of weeks ago myself. Even though vintage isn't my normal style, I had to order some of them! Since you love vintage I am so happy that you are a guest designer!

"Luv 2 Glitter" by Brenda M. said...

Congrats my friend and well deserved....great cards.

Anonymous said...

Good morning