Followers

Translate

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Christmas Cheer with Tuesday Morning Sketches!

Coffee of the Day - Cinnamon Hazelnut

Happy Tuesday morning to all of you! Guess what? I awoke to a beautiful SNOWY morning!!! you know how much I have been wanting one, and God so graciously provided!!! thank you, precious Father!!! I absolutely LOVE IT!!!! :)

today is also the morning that the DT at The Rusty Pickle has been invited to play along with the gang over at Tuesday Morning Sketches. How blessed are we?! :) that is one talented group of ladies! We were given a fun sketch to follow and then told to play to our heart's content. So play I did! :D


I used these beautiful papers from K & Co.'s Christmas Cheer pack. I love the colors in here! so different and yet so rich! I printed off probably my fave ever of Michelle's images, this adorable Santa gnome. I think it's because he reminds me of so many Santas that I have in my collection. He just makes me smile so big! :) To keep with the vintage feel of the papers, I added some green sequins and the gorgeous Prima poinsettias with leaf. He has some shimmerz painted on his gloves and stickles on his hat and coat for some shine. His belt buckle is covered in my spica glitter pen. A bit of May Arts burgundy ric rack finishes it off. The edges of the card base were inked with white craft and the matting behind Santa was distressed.

Be sure to check out the other amazing creations of both the Tuesday Morning Sketch Challenge DT and The Rusty Pickle DT.

Tuesday Morning Team:


Rusty Pickle Team:


In other Rusty Pickle news, today is the owner, Michelle's birthday! Drop by and wish her a happy one! There you will also see some neat news about a new weekly contest for free digis, (as well as a free digi for you to grab!) and the Copic giveaway info. Don't forget to take advantage of all the different ways you can qualify for your chance at the HUGE set of Copics!
I'm using this card for several challenges. Love to play in them when I track 'em down! Have a great day! :)

13 comments:

Rachel said...

Oh sooo cute!!! i love it.
hugs,
Rachel

Holly Young said...

oh this snowman gnome is adorable, and I love how you've colored him up Jennifer! I'm glad you got your snow! I just love snow and I'm hoping we get at least one snowfall this winter!

Dragonlady said...

Hi Jennifer

This is fab, great papers too.

Hugs Ali x

Darlene said...

Hey Jenn ... what an adorable card but poor Santa looks so sad!! I'm glad you like the snow ... I'll send you mine, LOL!!!

Melissa Craig said...

Absolutely beautiful! He is an adorable vintage santa and the papers are perfect with the image.

Thanks for playing with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Gina Lindsay said...

You got your snow! I am just a little jealous, but happy for you. Love you Santa card, off to check out some of those images.

Anonymous said...

LOL!! Poor Santa looks like he's worn out hun!! So darling and the flower is the perfect touch for this! Love your take on that sketch too!! Thanks for joining with us at Saturday Spotlight!! HUGS

Crystal said...

This is wonderful, LOVE your image and your holiday creation....Thanks so much for joining us at Saturday Spotlight!!

Crystal said...

This is wonderful, LOVE your image and your holiday creation....Thanks so much for joining us at Saturday Spotlight!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a beautiful holiday card!! Sweet Santa gnome!! Great coloring!! Thanks for joining us at Sat. Spotlight!!
~Chris

Payne Holler Cards said...

happy you have your snow! and puh-leeeze keep it!! LOL your card is super adorable - perfect coloring with dp!

Jodi said...

This is a cute image! Love the sketch you used for him too!! Thanks for joining us at Sat. Spotlight!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Boni Boutelle-Jones said...

ah he looks so sad - maybe he needs to hook up with the traveling gnome and they can plan a paradise vacation LOL So cute!!!