Followers

Translate

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Do You Like PIE??!!?! :D

Coffee of the Day - Creme Brulee

I came across two adorable teddy bear images over at The Rusty PIckle the other day and had to snag them. I had hoped to post both cards made with them, but to be honest, I don't have 2 cards done yet 'cause I am livin' the high life over here with the guys gone! :D giggles! the pups and I are listening to all kinds of music and watching (well really, listening) to programs on television that the guys wouldn't normally watch unless under extreme diress. PBS had some neat programs on the other night - an Andrea Bocelli Christmas special that was absolutely phenom!!! and a Frank Sinatra one that was almost as good. neither would have floated any boats but mine around here, so I cranked up the volume and sang along........... loved it loved it loved it!!!! the dogs occasionally sang along too, YES they sang, not howled....... :) I have also had Godspell playing TWICE, my wonderful Jars of Clay, and lots of others........ it has been GREAT! I'm sure the neighbors are wondering what kind of party is going on over here between me, the dogs, and the cat which is now allowed in the house since Dave is away..... shhhhhhhh.... don't tell....... wink wink wink!

oh yes, they are texting me from the hunting fields. it just cracks me up! I come from a Native American bg, so I can just picture my dad looking down from the great beyond, shaking his head at these mighty 'warriors' with rifles in one hand and their cell phone in the others, texting all of their friends the latest updates. makes me chuckle every time. somehow I think GrandPa might be keeping those deer away on purpose....... tee hee hee!

okay, now on to the card.... you have been patient far longer than you should have been! I have used this adorable navy bear called "As American As Apple Pie", but I added some cherry paper from the Cosmo Cricket paper line called Early Bird. The other papers are from the same line. Pie is more favored around here than cake on any given day. you say the word 'pie', and 4 male heads will immediately pop up from whatever they are doing and eyes will grow twice their normal size. A standard size pie doesn't last more than 10 minutes. we have never had leftovers of any given pie. They will devour an entire one..... I am getting off subject again... sorry. anyhow, now you see why I HAD to get this cute image! I added some fun tan ric rack and buttons tied with linen thread.

Have a wonderful day! love ya! and thanks for putting up with me and my ramblings...
Jennifer


p.s. I forgot to add - you have GOT to go to the Rusty Pickle blog site for a most AMAZING contest for some Copic markers!!!!! hurry hurry hurry!!! Michelle is so generous!

and I am also entering this in the challenge to use a hat for the Saturday Spotlight blog. this is a great challenge site of some fabby peeps you will find you know from all across blog land! :) neato bandito people!

13 comments:

Holly Young said...

oh how cute is this little navy bear? I'm glad to hear you're enjoying yourself. I'm like that too - I'll have days to create all to myself and those are the days I get nothing accomplished!

Teri said...

Glad you are having some fun minus the testosterone!!
Just one thing, why does that bear look so sad? You'd think he would be happy with that enormous pie to eat!! LOL
Have a great day hun!
Hugs,
Teri xx

Anonymous said...

Jennifer, this is just adorable hun!! I love that teddy bear!! Reminds me of those Cherished Teddies!! :) It's nice to enjoy yourself especially this time of year!! Thanks so much for joining along with us at Saturday Spotlight!! HUGS

Dragonlady said...

Hi there,

Great card. Sounds like you are having a bit of fun whilst the cats away so to speak, good on ya.

Hugs Ali x

Stef H said...

now that's one sailor i would say.... candy little boy.... to - lol!

i'm soooo glad you're enjoying your solitude. our taste in music is very similar. i love both boticelli & sinatra and i just love josh groban too!!!

i also love peace & quiet so when hubby is out, the tv is off!


hugs,

Gina Lindsay said...

Love all the buttons! Glad you are having a great time, enjoying the music and dancing around with the dogs!

HappyCrafter said...

I love bears, and this one certainly is a cutie. Have to laugh with your ramblings, thanks for sharing :-)

i {heart} papers said...

Love those buttons!!!

B said...

How adorable is this? :)

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Just look at that cute little bear!! Love your coloring and the combo of colors! Thanks for playing with the SSHP this week!

Angie Williams said...

He is a cute image and the card is sweet! Enjoy the me time!

Jessica G. said...

Cute bear image and fun use of those buttons! Thanks for playing in this week's Saturday Spotlight challenge!!

Heather Schlatter said...

Jennifer,

Wow I love this card I like the colors and papers you choose to put together for it they all go so well together and really "make" the project!!!

Heather