Followers

Translate

Monday, February 1, 2010

Did you know today is Thursday? :)

well...... not really, but I AM showing you my contribution for the current Twisted Thursday challenge at Shirleys 2 Girls! since I was sick last week and didn't get mine posted on the proper day, I am showing it to you today, so in a way, it IS Thursday..... let's all say 'Time Warp'! are you singing and doing the dance with me? visions of Rocky Horror and Tim Curry going through your head? okay..... must be my fevered state, but I do love that movie, although it isn't quite the same on DVD as it is at midnight in a theatre full of screaming college-aged fans......... okay... moving on......... giggles!

Before I share my card, I want to let you know that the winners for the Indulgence blog hop have been posted here on the winners page, so head on over! congrats to the lucky ladies!!!! You can always find the winners for all challenges, hops, etc. here. (shhhhh...... here is a little secret for you - Feb. is the birthday celebration month for S2G and there are going to be soooooooooo many chance for prizes that your head is gonna be spinning! but you didn't hear it from me! grins!)

Now on to the sketch and my card ~you are gonna love the twist for this week - CHOCOLATE!!!! how much sweeter can life get? you can use the actual image of candy itself, the color, or get creative! I used Basic Grey Bittersweet paper and this cutie digi called 'Coffees'. surprised, aren't ya?! :D that will always be one of my fave ever indulgences....... oh sweet bliss....... whoops, getting off track again......... The whipped cream on the drinks is flower soft I added little red beads for the cherry sprinkles on the one mocha drink..... yum yum! For the circle elements of the sketch, I chose to use vintage buttons - 1 with a prima flower and the other with some vintage seam tape. just goes to show how you can stick to a sketch but still mix it up a bit and make it your own! added in a rub-on and the card is ready to send off! The doily adds the perfect coffee shop effect!

So please be sure to play along in the challenge with us! 2 winners are chosen each week. who knows - one of them might be YOU!!! :)
Don't forget that a hugey hugey huge sale is still going on over at the store! great deals are still to be had!!!!

4 comments:

Angie said...

ooooh, love your card!! I looks so yummy, love the doily too, I just used one of those on a card recently too:)

Lauri said...

oh I wish it was thursday! the week would almost be over!!

Stef H said...

oh this is beautiful. and ooooo i soooo remember rocky horror. and i saw it way before it was ever a midnight thing w/ costumes. still one of my favs too.

hugs :)

Georgia said...

Jenn, I love this card. Makes me want some hot chocolate!