Followers

Translate

Thursday, May 27, 2010

A few Squigglefly cards...

Coffee of the Day - Caramel Truffle

Hello! I have a few cards made with digis from Squigglefly to show you today. One is a sneak peek of a new release for this weekend! I hope you enjoy.

First card up is for the challenge over on the SF blog - make a get well card. Mine was a bit late 'cause I am still feeling a bit puny. kinda funny when you look at the irony of it all. ;) I think this image from Diane Carubia is just so cute! The little pup and kitty are colored with several shades of their respective colors, and then sponged with white craft ink before stippling with a darker shade of ink. this really adds so much depth to the fur irl. kinda hard to get the feel for it all in the scan.... sorry. The flower centers are painted in pink shimmerz. you know I had to get it in there somewhere! I so wanted to color the bandage pink, but thought it would look more like a ribbon, so refrained.... but gosh, it sure was hard!


The next card uses an image from a new designer to SF, Mark Hicks . This card is going to hubby to celebrate the start of summer camp, which is in only a few weeks! The papers are Cosmo Cricket Mr. Campy. I even painted the boys' shirts to match the shirts for camp this summer. :) The theme for Summer Camp is Pathfinders, and they are using the hiking boot print as a logo. So when I remembered this hiking twill ribbon, it just seemed perfect! couldn't resist the Primas, but added some twigs to make it more 'manly' for hubby!
Dare U 2 Digi Stamp - for the guys

Was reminded in the latest SF newsletter that my DT time with them is almost up. It sure has been fun! I have met some wonderful people and been introduced to some very talented artists! I know that I will continue to visit their store, blog, and SNR group OFTEN! I hope you will do the same! I have been blessed indeed to be surrounded by Holly, Ashley, and Chesney - the genius behind Squigglefly! thanks for the opportunities, ladies! :)

5 comments:

Holly Young said...

These are both so darling Jennifer! I especially love how you did the fur on the animals - very ingenious and cool looking!
Your camp out card is really cute - I love that twill ribbon and the flower doesn't take away from the "manliness" of it all - I mean after all there are flowers in the woods right?

Squigglefly has been super blessed to have you on the team and I'm especially glad to have gotten to know you as a friend!

HappyCrafter said...

Both so cute, and your embellishments, especially that canvas ribbon and the lace, are perfect.

Kimberly S said...

Both cards are so sweet! Your Get Well card is perfect for the Sentimental Sundays challenge...thanks so much for joining us! :)

Debby said...

You are way more on top of it then I am. Lately I just can't get it together. You seem to have a lovely stash of lace :) I love lace! Cute cards. Did I say cute? cute cute cute!

Chris said...

Great cards and I love the images and your wonderful colouring. Thanks for joining us at DU2DS. Chris :)