Followers

Translate

Friday, May 7, 2010

You're in my prayers..... with GLITTER! :)

Coffee of the Day - dreaming of a lovely latte sipped along the sidewalks of Paris... wanna come along? :)

Well you should know by now that I have quite an interesting relationship with God. I talk to Him quite often throughout the day - much like texting or IM'ing a friend you can't get enough of. David just rolls his eyes when I describe it, because everyone has a different kind of God relationship - that is the beauty really. So does it come as any surprise to you that mine would involve pink glitter? :) no, probably not. grins! it doesn't surprise God either. I have been praying for so many people lately, I really needed more cards of this type to mail out to some of them.

A fun challenge going on the past 2 weeks in the SNR Squigglefly group was to create any kind of project using one of their images and glitter. well, I actually used 2 from this beautiful digi package called Fancy Flowers. It comes with about 6 images and was designed by Nina Brackett. I love its versatility! and of course I had to go PINK!

Because the challenge called for glitter, I printed this onto SU!'s shimmery white cs. Once the watercoloring was done, I stamped over both images with SU!'s retired "Script" bg stamp. The butterfly has it, too, but it doesn't show as well. I like the subtleness of it though. Edges were distressed as all get out, matted, and then covered in worn lipstick distressed stickles. The papers are K & Co. Wild Raspberry. I sure don't know what I am gonna do when I run out of that paper pad, 'cause it is discontinued and probably one of my all time faves from them. I mean, I use it ALL the time..... Anyway, I found this GORGEOUS trim pack from Fancy Pants when I was sorting through stuff the other day, and it seemed a perfect fit here. Added some Primas from Rhonda, vintage buttons, and a velvet millenery leaf. oh my stars!!!! I almost forgot all of the pretty shimmerz!!!! how could I do that?!?!?! I painted pink and butter cream shimmerz on various leaves & petals of the flower as well as wings of the butterfly. The body of the butterfly also has rock candy distress stickles to give it a little extra oomph.

The glitter challenge ended on Wed. and a new one has begun. Please check out the SNR group to see what fun Holly has going for us!

I hope you are having a truly lovely day! :)

Gingersnap Creations - Botanical

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Jennifer. Your cards is beautiful. I love your coloring!

Stef H said...

holy moly! this is absolutely gorgeous! my favorite so far! i love it!

i talk to GOD all day long too only i think you're way more colorful than i am - lol! but does HE really care?????

hope you're feeling better.

Anne said...

Very pretty, hope you're doing OK Jennifer

Hugs
Anne

Marlene said...

Very pretty!

Ann English said...

Jennifer-gorgeous! Are you home already?! WooHoo!

Holly Young said...

This is gorgeous Jennifer! I'll bet in real life it just shimmers all over. I talk to God all day long too, and today I'm telling him to get you back home!

Annika said...

Jennifer, your creativity never ceases to amaze me, beautiful flower treatment and the embellies work with image gorgeously! I always look forward to your new creations, they are such a joy!
TFS
Hugs
Annika