Followers

Translate

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Alleluia Nativity

Coffee of the Day - Pecan Pie

Hello! I know I have been away for several days. David had taken a few days off from work - much needed days I might add - and we have been having a wonderful time spending some fun together visiting antique shops, little local restaurants & coffee shops, and just driving around northeast Ohio taking in the fall scenery. it has been truly glorious spending time together! not much crafting has been done, but that is okay, too. just so wonderful to be with my lovey dovey man! :)

I do have a Christmas card to share with you using Shady Tree Studio's Nativity set, just released last week. this is such a versatile set and I am having a great time using it! this time I kept the main image fairly simple, stamping it onto a piece of patterned paper from Basic Grey's Jovial collection. all papers are from this beautiful collection. the edges are sponged to accent the various shades of color. it was also sprayed with walnut gold glimmer mist, while the star was painted with candlelight shimmerz. The music sheet in the bg was sprayed with the same glimmer mist, sa was the poinsettia & little sentiment tag. I added a bit of bright gold ribbon and some wonderful vintage buttons. The card base was edged in vanilla craft to help age. A little border punched edge adds just a touch of color.

We are expecting snow here tonight or tomorrow, so you know just how happy I am about that!!! I can't wait! :)

chat with you tomorrow! love ya! Jennifer

3 comments:

Anita said...

I am glad to hear that you were gone doing something fun. It sounds like you had a great time. Stunning card!

Nancy said...

Glad you had some time to just relax, Jennifer!!

Love the card with all of its glimmeriness :^) . . . and that row of buttons across the top is so sweet!!

IamDerby said...

This is a great card! Love all the little details.