Followers

Translate

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Chocolate Bunnies and Peeps.... kinda

Coffee of the Day - Vanilla Nut

Hello! sorry I am moving slow this morning getting this post up..... last night was the dress rehearsal for Ryan's musical at the high school. by the time we got home and everyone wound down, it was close to midnight. whew! and it all happens again tonight with Opening Night! :) lots of fun! Tyler comes home tomorrow to see it, so that will be great!


Today's project is all about CANDY!!!!! yummmmmm...... Ryan is our big candy-a-holic. gosh, that guy is a sugar addict from the word go. he cracks me up with his love of every sweet morsel, nothing escapes his desire for candy, candy, candy! I love to cover these great big candy bars for something a little different to do, so when I saw the wonderful rabbit and duck in the Shady Tree Studio set, 'Eastertide', I knew at some point I wanted to create a chocolate bunny and Easter Peep with them. Hopefully I have accomplished that look here. I embossed the images by first stamping in versamark ink and then into the various SU! classic inks. I did this because I don't have craft inks that correspond to the colors I wanted to use - marigold morning and early espresso. this is a great trick I learned from the master, Michelle Zindorf. gosh, that woman is truly a master!

a month or so ago I was blessed to win a My Favorite Things gift certificate. I have quite a few of their fabby stamps, so decided to get some of the dies that they have started to carry. I bought the grass and flat bottom clouds dies with my certificate and have used them here. the papers are all from the Cosmo Cricket Garden Variety collection. I punched the little baby flowers with my SU! flower trio punch. Ribbons are from an assortment I won a while back, as is the felt flower & button, so I apologize that I don't know manufacturers for those. the mulberry flower is Prima.


Try making one of these yourself! it is a great way to dress up a fun giftie! :)

1 comment:

PeggyR said...

Oh I love what you did! We will have to meet this Spring or Summer at the tea room.