Followers

Translate

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Boy when life gets away from ya........

Coffee of the Day - French Vanilla


.......... it REALLY gets away from ya! ;)

things have been so crazy around here. I must begin by saying thank you so very much to those of you who have emailed me or left comments expressing your kind thoughts and prayers for my family. life is starting to 'adjust' I guess would be the best word to use. David is still getting used to his diagnosis, as are we, and the rest of the guys are doing great. Ryan only has minimal bruising and a small bump left on his arm from the hematoma. Tyler has finished his final exams and returns home this weekend. he just might have made Dean's list again....... woooo hooooo! Mick's finals are next week. I know he will ace them as well. I am blessed with such smart sons! summer camp starts up in just a few weeks, so I won't have them around for long, but will treasure each and every moment we have together.


now on to my card! I haven't had much access to a compy, but did make a Mother's Day card for Dave's mom. I pulled out some of my ab fab fave Daisy D's paper from the Beacon Hill collection and paired it with this pretty daisy/sunflower from Shady Tree Studio. the flower is actually part of the fall set, Come to me Autumn, but it worked perfectly for a bright springy card, too. the main tag flower was accented with red glass glitter and green stickles. I also stamped the flower in the lower right hand corner as a bg accent on the decorative paper, using the masking technique. the big flower is a Prima, buttons are from my vintage stash, and the tea tag is one I saved to use as a fun embellie. the sentiment is a SU! rub-on.


hopefully as our life returns to a more 'normal' pace I will be able to post more frequently. and maybe someday someday someday the Good Fairy will fix my compy and I won't have to beg & borrow in order to go online! ;)
love y'all! Jennifer

4 comments:

Anita said...

Stunning card! Glad to hear things are starting to settle down for you and your family. Sending hugs!

Gina Lindsay said...

Glad things are settling down a little for you guys. I will keep you in my prayers. GORGEOUS card Jennifer! l love the colors, everything. Sorry I haven't been around very much lately, but I think about you every time I have a cup of tea!

Sue from Oregon said...

this is a pure lovely card! Great use of DP and punches.

kae pea said...

sorry i have not checked in in a while!!your cards are beautiful like always! I think of you often and hope you are doing and feeling well. :)