Followers

Translate

Monday, September 5, 2011

Back to School with Paper Cupcakes

for my Kaboodle Doodles post, please click here.

Hello! I was so excited when I saw that the new challenge at Paper Cupcakes for this week was Back to School. I really enjoy Nina's images and thought that this country girl would be perfect for a prim-feel card. You are welcome to use any images in the challenge, but Nina always offers a freebie over on the Paper Cupcakes blog. One winner will receive their choice of 2 images from the Paper Cupcakes store, so be sure to play along with us! :)


I decided to add elements to my card that would give it a back to school, as well as a country/primitive feel. Most of the embellies come from Making Memories. Papers are Basic Grey Recess and Jenni Bowlin Red & Black. that great burlap flower is from Prima. buttons are all from my vintage stash. and oh how I love to use my label maker! :)

Come and Get It - back to school
Cardmad Fairy - add flowers
Pile it On - buttons & brad
Cuddly Buddly - vintage, distressing, flowers
Crazy 4 Challenges - back to school
Through the Craft Room Door - textures

7 comments:

Gillian said...

Love that burlap flower it really goes with the vintage feel of your card. Thanks for joining in at Cardmadfairy this week. Hugs Gillian.

Anonymous said...

This is such a cute card. Very vintage looking. Love it. Thanks so much for coming to play at our Come and Get It Challenge Blog.

Cindy van Oorschot said...

Great vintage look to your card. Thanks for playing at Come and Get It this week.
Cindy

Jane said...

Lovely image, great colouring and all the embellishments make for a great card.

Merry said...

What terrific embellishing and such a cute image. Thanks for joining us over at Cardmadfairy Digi Days.

Gloria Westerman said...

This is so cool....I love it...thank you...

BethieJ said...

Your card is WONDERFUL!
Thanks for joining us at PIO!
Have a GREAT day!