Followers

Translate

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Milk Coffee Hearts

Coffee of the Day - Chocolate Peppermint

oh it is still snowing this morning, and it is glorious indeed! we have several feet of the fluffy stuff on the ground. I am in my own lovely little heaven. :) I took this photo out my upstairs hall window as soon as I woke up this morning, looking out upon our barn and backyard. it is beautiful! you'll have to excuse the quality, please. I was using my phone.


I was actually able to play along in today's feature showcase at Milk Coffee. Gosh, how I love that name! grins! it takes me back to times with my beloved Daddy and drinking what he called 'coffee milk' with him. of course he drank his coffee black, but I felt so grown up drinking my 'coffee' right alongside him! funny, I still take my coffee pretty much the same way as I did back then.......

anyway, the theme for the showcase is 'hearts'. As soon as I saw this adorable image, Love Call,  I knew it would be perfect to create a Valentine for Mick to give Jocelyn. (Jocelyn, if you are reading this post, don't look any further!!!! at least not until after Valentine's Day!!! spoiler alert!!!) from the time they first start dating, he has always sung to her over the phone. it's the sweetest thing! this sentiment from Create with TLC was perfect!


Papers are MME Lime Twist Happy Go Lucky, border die is from My Favorite Things, several different washi tapes, some wooden hearts from Studio Calico, and a few other little fun embellies.

Challenges:
Stamp and Create - love
C.R.A.F.T.  - Valentine/love
Craft Us Crazy - Valentine/love/use red
Digi Stamps 4 Joy - anything goes
Sisterhood of Crafters - hearts

13 comments:

susie said...

Love this card - the image and sentiment are adorable. Wow all that snow looks amazing - wish I was there lol we hardly get snow like that xx

Jenn Bedient said...

This is adorable! Love the washi tape.

Such a great memory. Hope you are staying warm in all that snow!

Sandra said...

Cute card Jennifer!!
And the snow looks beautiful, here in The Netherlands is also snow, but it's very cold!
Hugs,Sandra

Tracy said...

Yowzers that's a lot of white stuff! Stay warm and snuggly. I think it's just too funny how perfect that image is for your son and his girl. Your such an awesome mom! Hugs!

vdoyle8 said...

Lovely landscape photo, lovely card! I'm so happy you are feeling up to some crafting...

Rhonda Miller said...

Thanks for sharing the pic. It looks cold, beautiful.

I'm glad you were able to get crafty. I just love your card.

Hugs,
Rhonda

Tracey said...

Lovely to see you creating again Jennifer & I love this card, the colours are so pretty.
How fab that you have snow, I know how much you love it :D
Hope you're getting on okay.
Big squishy hugs
Tracey
xx

Jennifer said...

How very romantic! love the little details of the stapled ricrac, the hearts and music paper. Love the musical sentiment to!

Darlene said...

Well hello there Jen! How are you? You've actually been on my mind ... funny to have your name pop up at this very moment! (know you're in my thoughts & prayers)
WOW look at all that white stuff ... so glad I am south of you ... LOL ... our snow is actually all melted & gone after yesterday's rain but I hear there is more to come!
Your creation is adorable and I'm so glad I got a chance to stop by! Keep crafting my friend ... always a please to be inspired by you!
Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood ‘I {HEART} VALENTINE’S’ challenge and please come back again soon!
Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
P.S. I have blog candy available through January if you are interested.

Sheryl said...

This is a pretty card, beautiful image and great design. Good to see you at CRAFT this week. Hope we see you again soon.
Hugs Sheryl xx

KarinsArtScrap said...

This card is so cute and so lovely.
Thanks fot join us at DigiStamps4Joy.

Greetings karin DT member

Jackie C said...

Such a pretty card. I am so glad you joined us this week, and good luck with the card and the monster. I beat it ten years ago and I hope for the same for you x
Jackie DT member ds4j

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

This is such a fun card! The image is too cute and your coloring, wow! Nice job!

Thank you for participating in the Craft Us Crazy Challenge!