Followers

Translate

Monday, February 11, 2013

Blessed are they that mourn...

Coffee of the Day - Red Velvet Cake



Today begins a new challenge at Digi Makeover that is a photo inspiration. Sadly, I have 2 sympathy cards that I need to send to blogging friends who have had special people in their lives pass. The flowers and clouds of this photo spoke to me of the peace of Heaven, so I hope the first of these sympathy cards brings some measure of comfort to my friend.


I took the sunflower from the 'Faith, Hope, Love' set and changed the color to red before printing. The sentiment comes from the 'Be Still' set. designer paper is Basic Grey What's Up. clouds die is MFT. they were lightly inked and then edges were covered in stickles. some crochet trim, linen thread, and buttons complete the card. I did add a bit of faux stitching.

10 comments:

Creations by Shirl said...

Gorgeous card Jen!

Ardilla said...

I am sure it will bring comfort, it´s made with love and it is beautiful :)

Crafting Vicky said...

Such an elegant card. Just love the softness of it!

Rhonda Miller said...

Beautiful card Jen.

Jennifer said...

Jen, this is a perfect fit! So peaceful and serene. I love the clouds and the lovely ribbon and buttons!

vdoyle8 said...

what a lovely card! That lace is absolutely perfect!

Penny said...

I would imagine this card will bring comfort to the family. It is so peaceful, and soft and sweet and gorgeous! Very inspired card, Jennifer! I really love those clouds and the rays with your other embellies! :^)
Hugs, Penny

Geri said...

Your beautiful card is sure to bring comfort to the recipient. It invokes a sense of peace, beckoning the traveler home! Well done.

Michelle VP said...

What a beautiful mix of papers, shapes and those little button accents. I just love the elements you pull together for your cards, Jennifer. I'm sure your friend will be comforted and feel the love you poured into this card.

Emily Lauritzen said...

Absolutely gorgeous card! i love the soft colors and sweet sky.
<3 Emily L.