Followers

Translate

Saturday, November 23, 2013

Happy 50th Birthday, Doctor!

Coffee of the Day - Pumpkin Spice (the very last of it..... sigh....)


Today we celebrate 50 years of Doctor Who. not everyone knows The Doctor. if you haven't met him yet, I hope he lands in your backyard one day soon. your life will never be the same. truly. and you will forever look to the skies in a much different way. you will see a statue of an angel in a different light. a gas mask will not bring a feeling of security. and you will understand that fish fingers and custard belong together.

I first met The Doctor when I was in high school. yes, it was THAT long ago. ;) we met again off and on while I was in college. I introduced him to David, although I must say my soon-to-be husband wasn't all that impressed at the time. that would one day change.....


A few years ago The Doctor came back into my life. and what a delight it has been! I was able to introduce him to my sons, and they love him as much, if not more, than I do. David and he became reacquainted. They took adventures together while I slept.


now, when our family sees the Tardis appear, we joyfully go wherever The Doctor wants to take us. The years apart just melted away as if only seconds had passed.

So, dear Doctor, I say to you, Happy 50th Birthday! Allons-y!

6 comments:

Joan B said...

I have never heard of Dr Who and assume it is a movie?? enjoy nevertheless!

Pam said...

Hey Jen,

My sister and my middle son LOVE the Dr. As a matter of fact my son was just in here a minute ago checking the guide for the birthday celebration of the Dr. I have watched it but Sci-Fi has never really been my thing. Hope you and yours are having a blessed weekend and I hope that you have a wonderful Thanksgiving with all of them home! Blessing to you always!!

{{{HUGS}}}
Pam

Sammy said...

Woohoo! It's almost time! My oldest is about to go off to a friend's house to watch with a group of fellow Whovians (they will be having fish fingers and custard! and jelly babies!), while we'll be watching from here.

It's not often you can say that one of your favourite shows has been running for 50 years and has a bigger following than ever!
I also remember it from many years ago (in my case, I was about 7 and would hide behind the sofa because I was terrified of the Daleks!) and here's hoping for many, many more!

Fantastic! :-D x

Decosse's Dynamite Doodles said...

I just knew that you would be posting about this!!! I am glad that you enjoyed the one I did for SD. I worked on it all week. I also kept thinking that if no one else appreciated the post, that you at least would.

We are really lucky that our national sci fi station, Space, is showing it today. The event begins in this household starting at 5:00 with some behind the scenes stuff and then "An Adventure in Space and Time" followed by the "Day of the Doctor" itself. So, I'm working like crazy to ensure I am downstairs before it all begins. It is a shame you won't be able to watch it until tomorrow. Hopefully, no one will spoil it for you. Of course when I think of that, River comes to mind with her ever popular 'spoilers' phrase.

Enjoy your time with the Doctor tomorrow!

Hugs,
Lisa

Rhonda Miller said...

I love Dr. Who and have had so much fun watching it with my kids. Happy Birthday Doctor.

Lisa Minckler said...

Oh mercy YES! We waited with bated breath for this to come on and recorded it for years of replay. ALSO...just wanted to let you know that you now have me addicted to the Hemlock Grove you told me about. Watched the first one last night....OH MY!!!
hugs to you :)