Followers

Translate

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

A Thankful Kangaroo

Coffee of the Day - Holiday Blend (I think it's cinnamon, vanilla, and caramel...)

Hello! I have quite a few cards I need to make, so am trying to slowly but surely get into my craft room to get them done. biggest problem is that my printer is out of black ink and we have to wait a bit to get more. so I'm trying to use images I had already printed out, but had not had the chance to color. who know what y'all are going to end up seeing! grins!

Our next door neighbor, (they are just the most amazing, sweet couple!!!) gave me a gorgeous piece of pottery that she had made herself for Christmas. it truly brought tears to my eyes when I opened it. so I knew I wanted to make a special thank you card for her. I usually get the cards made for people, but am horrid at getting them mailed. all of mine need special envies and lots of postage, so have to wait until we have the money to take them to the post office. this one can just get walked next door! woo hooooo! one down out of a bajillion I owe everyone!



The sweetie little kangaroo is from A Day for Daisies, papers are from the Basic Grey Picadilly collection, little rose is Wild Orchid Crafts, 'thanks' is a new to me coolio SRM sticker. shimmerz paint was added to the wings and flowers, Mr. Huey's white spray was misted onto card base. everything else is from my stash.

I hope to be posting a bit more often.... thanks for sticking with me! :)

oh yes, Tammy at ADFD let me know that she sent in a card I had made using one of her images to 'Quick Cards Made Easy' for publication!!! so the magazine will be coming out the end of this month. it is the Feb. issue. thanks, Tammy! you are so good to me!

Challenges:
ADFD - add yellow
Emerald Faeries - things with wings
Animal Friends - punches or dies
Die Cut Divas - make it glitter (shimmerz paint)
Crafty Girls - anything goes
Ladybug Crafts - thanks
Creative Moments - anything goes/buttons & pearls (the shimmerz paint on the wings is actually a pearl tone)
Digi Stamps 4 Joy - glitter & sparkle (shimmerz paint)
Sisterhood of Crafters - use something new ('thanks' sticker)
TTCRD - anything goes
Whimsy - something new ('thanks' sticker)
WAW - anything goes that is encouraging
Loves Rubberstamps - metal (paperclip)
Word Play Saturday - yellow
One Crazy Stamper - anything goes

23 comments:

Sammy said...

Yes, I have to agree it's great when you can just hand someone a card from time to time! lol.
I love this kangaroo, and really liking the combination of yellow and kraft! x

*Vicki* said...

So great to see a card from you my friend! :) That kangaroo is so sweet and so is your card! HUGS

Tina said...

Hi Jennifer, Cute card! I know what you are going through! I just got ink again for the printer after being out of black and colored ink.

Tina
aurathentic@gmail.com

Penny said...

I know what you mean about the envelopes for your cards! :^)
Hey, this is a darling thank-you card! Love that sweet 'roo! Love the pretty yellow papers & embellies, and really love the fab design. I am sure your neighbor will be tickled to get this! :^)
Hugs, Penny

Stef H said...

this is one stunning card! i never see kangaroo images or stamps. this has such a sweet feel to it. so? where's the picture of the pottery?????

and today's coffee sounds scrumptious!

hugs :)

KarinsArtScrap said...

this is super cute and very lovely card Jennifer.
Thanks for join us at
{Digistamps4Joy DT Member}

Karin

Rhonda Miller said...

This is beautiful. I just love the image. I think your neighbors will love it. Congrats on your publication.

Karen Letchworth said...

Hi Jennifer! I love the new blog look. I haven't been by in a while. I prayed for you when I stopped by, and hope things are going well for you. Thanks SO MUCH for sharing your lovely art in our challenge this week. It's always SUCH a joy to have you play along.
Have a blessed week!
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Ellibelle said...

So nice of your neighbour I bet the pottery looks beautiful!
Your card is gorgeous! Loving the image and beautiful sketch, and the buttons are such a nice addition!
So happy you played along in my January wordplay challenge!!

Denise Goeldner said...

Lovely card, beautifully done. Thanks so much for joining us over at Emerald Faeries Challenge Blog, good luck and hope to see you next time
~ Denise DT ~

Asmah Zainal Abidin said...

Beautiful card Jennifer. Oh! I love the cute buttons too. Thank you for playing along with us at DigiStamps4Joy and we hope to see you again.
Hugs,
Asmah
[DS4J DT Member]
[Qinaahana Arts And Crafts ~ My Personal Blog]

Darlene said...

Hey Jenn ... how you doing? This kangaroo creation is awesome! YOU GO GIRL!! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘Out with the Old, In with the New’ challenge and please come back again soon!
Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
The Sisterhood of Crafters
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

jonim52 said...

Cute card. Your neighbors will love it. thanks for joining us at Loves Rubberstamps.

Pajalu said...

What a gorgeous card! Being an "Aussie" I love that cute Kangaroo. It's just gorgeous, your card is superb. Thanks for playing along with us at Die Cut Divas

dpkennedy said...

This is such a pretty card! I love all the scrappy elements-they add great texture! Thanks for playing with A Day For Daisies!

alex said...

Super card, love your design and Ozzy theme, thank you for playing at Creative Moments
Alex x

LARELLE-SUSANNE said...

super cute, Just loved your Project, super cute,Thanks for Joining in on the fun ~ Use Metal Challenge for Loves Rubber Stamps, DONT FORGET our Fabulous Sunday blog Hop for Blog Candy~ Larelle-Susanne DT

Arlene said...

A darling card.

So glad to see you enter the Die Cut Divas' challenge at http://die-cut-divas.blogspot.com/2014/01/make-it-glitter.html

Dawn T said...

Lovely. Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Divas.

Shanna Shands said...

Great job. Thanks for sharing at Loves Rubberstamps!

Camille Short said...

I like your card.

Unknown said...

Lovely card. Thanks for joining us over at Creative Moments this fortnight
Claire DT

Anonymous said...

Das ist großartig geworden!
Hab herzlichen Dank für Deine TN bei Animal Friends
GLG Tamesis