Followers

Translate

Monday, March 31, 2014

Fight On Little Lauryn

Coffee of the Day - Vanilla Biscotti

I need to tell all of you about something that is quickly becoming a passion for me.

Just a few short days ago, a friend of mine, Linda Payne, discovered that her 2 year old grand-daughter has leukemia. Linda and I have known each other for several years, serving on a few DTs together. my heart is breaking at the news and what this family is having to endure.


Here is the 'Fight on Little Lauryn' page on Facebook. Some of us are also putting together a card drive/blog hop to help get cards for Lauryn and the family. it looks as if that will take place on April 14. Several digi artists have already agreed to draw images to help raise money for the family medical expenses, and prizes are being donated! what generosity!

if you would like to send a card or some other fun little something to brighten their day, contact me or leave a comment for the address at the hospital.

When I received my cancer diagnosis, some very kind and loving people got together and put on a blog hop and fundraiser for my family. it truly touched our hearts. I still treasure each of the cards I received. even though my battle is far from over, if I can help another family to know that they are not alone going through this, then I know I will have in some small way, 'passed it forward'.

I will be posting updates to the card drive as I have them. but remember, the most important thing is that we shower this family with love and support.


2 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Such a wonderful gesture Jennifer xxx
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Kathy said...

This is wonderful Jennifer, I will certainly start on a card for this beautiful little one. I saw your post on f/b about this, but had no idea it was Linda Payne's granddaughter. I designed with her at Phindy's Place, and she is the loveliest woman. Will add them to my prayers and get creating.