Followers

Translate

Friday, November 6, 2015

Tag - You're an Advent Calendar! RRR Challenge

Winner at My Sheri Crafts

Coffee of the Day - Marzipan

Hello to all of you! and you wonder where I have been all of these days gone by.... today's project is one of the answers to that question! :)


As my first official post for the Really Reasonable Ribbon Design Team, our newest challenge is called, "Tag, Your're It." I decided to create a pocket tag Advent Calendar. I was inspired by the idea found here at Allred Design Blog.

I will only show you a few of the pocket pages today, and will post several more in upcoming posts. that way you won't get overloaded all at once! :)


Pockets were made with papers from the October Afternoon Under the Tree collection. all shades of stickles and vintage buttons were added to pockets for decoration. lots of distressing and punches, too. each pocket was edged in washi tape and kraft reinforcement stickers from The Kraft Outlet were added, not only for cuteness, but to help create a sturdier tag.


Each pocket also was trimmed with Priscilla crochet trim. tags themselves were stenciled with a homemade stencil I created using the Holly Lace Flourish die by Cheery Lynn.


each tag was also tied with either light blue, red, antique gold, ivory, or green burlap string.


It doesn't show so well in the photo, but on the above pocket, the #3 is actually covered in rock candy distress stickles. I was so upset to discover the entire line of distress stickles have actually been discontinued. insert my VERY sad face......


The base of the calendar, which is actually a fun little frame from Ikea, is tied with several kinds of ribbon - red plaid, red/green Christmas plaid, and red swiss dots.


Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope you will play along in the challenge and also pop by the other DT members' blogs to see what gorgeous things they have created to inspire you! :)


See you tomorrow!

Challenges:
My Sheri Crafts - TAG You're It
Brown Sugar - tag, you're it
Scrap and Craft - shabby chic/vintage
Crafting By Designs - anything goes
WAW - anything encouraging goes
Papertake Weekly - anything goes for Christmas
Crafting From the Heart - anything goes

14 comments:

Fikreta said...

wow this is amazing calendar!
I love it!
have a nice day

Unknown said...

Wow, those are super cute. They look very time consuming! Hope you're doing well.

Sandra said...

Love this idea to make an advent calender with pocket tags!!
They are so lovely and beautiful!!
Hugs,Sandra

Penny said...

Awww, what a darling advent calendar! Really love that sweet cover! :^)
Hope you have a wonderful weekend!
Hugs, Penny

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Wow! This is an amazing project! I love how you have included an activity for each day, too! And I love anything October Afternoon! It's lovely! Welcome to the team, Jennifer!

Squirrel66 said...

This is such a fabulous idea & beautifully carried out - gorgeous vintage Christmas feel, & I too love the idea of an activity for each day. Thank you for the inspiration. Gill

Rhonda Miller said...

These tags are so fun.

Kathy S said...

Fabulous tag project and just perfect for A Brown Sugar Challenges "Tag It" challenge. I'm sure someone will really appreciate this holiday gift. Take care and good luck.

Small Talk Mama said...

Super cute project. I love the papers and all the details!

Charity Morris-Chamberlain said...

Terrific calendar! So many fabulous details! Thank you for playing along in the Word Art Wednesday Challenge! Have a blessed day!

Charity - DT Member - Word Art Wednesday
http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com
http://collectivecreativity.blogspot.com (my personal blog)

Sarah said...

Aweome tags loaded with cuteness! I love this! Thanks for joining us at My Sheri Crafts!

Sue Crease said...

One of the cutest things I've seen. Thank you for joining in with us over at myshericrafts this time.
Sue

P.G. Lamb said...

What a beautiful and creative advent calendar! Thanks for sharing it with us at My Sheri Crafts.

marta.szymanska said...

gorgeous, thank you for joining to S&C chellange