Followers

Translate

Thursday, August 11, 2016

Sun Fun Beach Kitty

Winner at Show Us Your Cats
Winner at Crafty Calendar

Coffee of the Day - Salted Caramel

I have a fun little shaped card to share with all of you today. I know it seems like it's been ages since I last shared anything with you. so very sorry about that. been so busy behind the scenes getting projects made for upcoming posts. :) horrid tease, aren't I?!


I am also joining the Doctor Digi DT over on their Facebook page, posting every other Thursday. the images are a hoot, some causing eyebrows to raise! not in an offensive way by any means, so don't worry.

edit - sadly some health issues have come up so I am now a 'one hit wonder' with this team. I'm not going to be able to be a part afterall, much to my dismay. but please do head to the store and Facebook group to see all of the fun things they have to inspire you.

Today is my first day posting, so pop over to the group. if you head to the store, you'll find sections of both free images as well as some called 'cheapies.' both of the images on my card today come from these 2 areas.


I placed the fun cat, Schrodinger (ha! the nerd in me loves this!!) under the beach umbrella and then fussy cut the scene. I then painted in a little sand and ocean for him. the great sun card shape is a template from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps.

papers are from the Basic Grey Shine On collection, buttons are from my vintage stash, red twine is from Michael's, and little flower is by Wild Orchid Crafts. sentiment was generated on the label maker.

p.s. I have a secret I have been hiding. Moon Pie, our rescue cat from 2 months ago, has an online girlfriend. yep. it's out now. meet Princess Anna. she is the model for my cat coloring these days. because it's not easy to paint a black cat and not have it look like a blob. so I seem to always paint Anna. grins! isn't she a beauty though? he comes up to the monitor every time my friend, Debra, posts a piccy of her. isn't that a hoot? he is smitten!


Thanks for stopping by, and I hope you have a most amazing day! :)

Challenges:
Crafty Creations - on the beach
Double D Challenges - I love polka dots (why, yes, I do!)
Creative Moments - anything goes with circles option
Show Us Your Cats - anything goes with a cat
Deep Ocean - seaside/beach
Classic DT Open Ch - anything goes
Critters and Creatures linky party - anything goes with a critter or creature
Cutie Pie - cute plus work, rest, or play
Animal Friends - summer
Country View - hot summer days
Creatalicious - sea/beach
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper - anything goes w/patterned paper
Sisters of Craft - anything goes
Allsorts - spots and stripes
Crafty Calendar - summer fun
Dare 2B Artzy - animals

17 comments:

Darlene said...

What a cute & clever creation Jenn! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Polka Dots’ challenge! We hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

Gail said...

Very cute card! I love the kitty under the umbrella and it gave me a big smile! This is adorable! Thanks for joining us at the Cutie Pie challenge for our WORK, REST, PLAY challenge! Hugs, Gail

Mervi said...

Thank you for sharing your lovely card over at Allsorts "Spots and Stripes" Challenge;-))m

~amy~ said...

Super fun shaped card!!!

Annettes Hobby Rosettes said...

Just love your Sun Design Card, it is just super fabulous. Nice work and great design.
Thank you for sharing with us over here at Classic Design Team Open Challenge and best of luck with your entry.
[Annette Registered Owner/Admin for Classic Design Team Challenge]

Katrina Bufton said...

Fabulous fun card. The card shape is brilliant and I love the label sentiment. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Calendar Challenge,
Katrina x

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Fabulous card and welcome to the team
Ginny x
My Blog As I do Rodos

Fikreta said...

love your card!
its very nice!
oh girlfriend is so cute!

have a nice day
hugs

Ros Crawford said...

What a fabulous card this is!! Thank you so much for playing along at Double D challenge!

Jane said...

What a fun card Jennifer...really unusual shape and full of summer fun...perfect for our hot summer days challenge over at Country View. Thanks so much for joining us.
Jane DT x

ike said...

Such a great jolly card and I LUV that image :-) I have a cat called Shrodinger :-D
That kitty is adorable - there's no wonder that Moon Pie is smitten :-D

Thank you for purring along to SUYP Cats Challenges.

Hugz
IKE x

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page
Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

Diane Louise J said...

Thanks for joining our challenge with your lovely cute card… Good luck in the draw and hope you will join us for our next challenge…
[Diane-Louise DT for Classic Design Team Challenge]

Melanie said...

A lovely card!
Thank you soo much for taking part in our " anything goes with optional at the sea / beach” challenge over at Creatalicious & good luck in the draw.
Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…

Hugs,
Melanie
(DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)

(DT Crafty Friends)

(DT The Sketchy Challenges)

Pat K said...

Very cute and creative card...love the image. Thanks for playing along with us at the Cutie Pie Challenge. Pat K x

Cards by Beckie said...

A great card, very clever! Thank you for sharing at Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper. Beckie x

rachel said...

great layering Jennifer - Gorgeous colours! Thanks for joining us at Countryview challenges and good luck! Hugs rachel xx

Anne Chilvers said...

Great card, love this ! Thanks for joining in with the Sisters of Craft Challenge, Best wishes, Anne DT.