Followers

Translate

Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Valentine Love with Fab 'n Funky Challenges

Coffee of the Day - Pecan Truffle

Hello to all of you! I hope life has been treating you with all of the love and kindness each of you so deserves! :)

I have been super busy going to several protests and marches here in our lovely state. I've met some of the most fabulous people and had such a great time standing up for both human and animal rights. Several more on the schedule before the month is over.


But the news for today is the new challenge over at Fab 'n Funky! the theme is "Wild About You" and you can use either wild animals or go with a love theme on your projects. Our sponsor is The Paper Shelter who is offering a nice gift certificate to one happy participant!


Rather than use any of the images from the Paper Shelter store, I chose instead to use a few of their digital papers. for the base, I used paper from the "Can't Take My Eyes Off of You" set and then added elements I cut from the "Hey Baby" paper.

the tag, gilded rose, red doily, and 'love' letters are all from Michael's. the pretty 'Valentine' sentiment piece that I punched out with a scallop punch is by Create with TLC. buttons and pale pink lace are vintage treasures. both red hearts were punched.  distressed red seam binding is from Zipper Stop.

little Prima flowers were added to paper flowers and then dotted with distress stickles. polka dots were added to the scallop heart with a white gel pen.

I hope to see YOUR entry in the Fab 'n Funky challenge this week! :)

7 comments:

Fikreta said...

this is so nice!

Anita said...

Amazing card! I love the layout and all the goodies you used.

Judith said...

Welcome to Fab'n'Funky Jennifer - and what a fab first creation! - I love how you used these lovely papers - you've given me some much needed inspiration for some Shabby Chic DT projects I have to make!! - have a great weekend hugs Judith xx

Wendy said...

Absolutely gorgeous, fabulous use of those papers, love your design!
Hugs
Wendy xx

Karen Letchworth said...

Hi Jennifer!
I love your cards, as I always do. I would, of course, love to have you stop by and share your talents with us at Word Art Wednesday. I miss seeing your art there.
Karen

Pat said...

Great card for the challenge this week Jennifer, love the way you have used the papers.

Pat xx

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Utterly brilliant Jennifer! I love the way you thought outside the box and used a combo of papers! Your creation is beautiful and utterly perfect for the theme. Welcome to our happy crew hun! Nailed the first challenge chick!! Hugs, Wends xoxo